RICHARD MERICAL’S BIO
Richard's Bio will be updated soon.
M.A. Coaching and Athletic Administration Concordia University Irvine 2013- 2014 3.9 GPA
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Arts Hope International University 2006-2011
Concentration in Physical Education
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Proven Track Record of Recruiting, fundraising and ability to manage an athletic budget for a top NAIA University (#1 in the nation 2015, #5 in the nation 2016)
10+ Years’ experience working with youth of all ages and different backgrounds.
Strong Communication and computer skills.
Masters degree that’s includes coursework in: Facility Planning and Management, Sports Law, Sports Ethics, Strength and Conditioning, Athletic Training, and Athletic Finance.
4 Years of College Basketball Playing Experience.
Hope International University- Assistant Basketball Coach 2012- Present
In charge of analyzing and scouting opponents and implementing game plans.
Head of recruiting and player development.
Provide travel accommodations and itineraries for student athletes on road trips.
YMCA of Orange County- Basketball Operations Coordinator 2015- 2016
Oversee basketball leagues, clinics, and camps involving over 200 youth.
In charge of marketing and meeting necessary sales goals to increase revenue.
Trained, and managed staff on the objectives of a high-level non-profit organization.
PCA Management- Supervisor 2008- 2016
Managed time and workers to achieve key goals for payroll and sales.
Scheduled and supervised 20 employees at Hyatt Regency Orange County Hotel.
Directed and arranged transportation for hotel guests to various destinations.
Lakewood Hoops Basketball Association- Head Coach/ Director 2009- 2014
Took two teams to tournaments around the state of California.
Trained youth of all ages on the importance of fundamentals and education.
Worked with parents and teachers to provide weekly grade checks.
Stanford University- High Potential Basketball Camp Counselor Summer 2014
Registered and checked in camp attendees to their dorm assignments.
Put 50 campers through a series of basketball drills and educational lectures.
Coached a team of 12 elite level high school basketball players through multiple games.
ACTIVITIES AND HONORS
Elite Performance Group- Trainer 2015- Present
Strive Foundation- Assistant Event Coordinator 2012- Present
NAIA National Tournament- Final 4 Participant 2014- 2015
Special Olympics Game Management Volunteer 2014
Hope International University Tribune- Sports Writer 2010- 2011
Hope International University Basketball- Team Captain 2009-2011
SKILLS AND QUALITIES
- Strong Leadership Ability - Goal Driven - Personable
- Competitive - Respectful - Team Oriented
Determined sales manager with extensive customer service skills. Ability to adapt quickly to various situations and tasks. Eagerness to learn. Excellent written and verbal skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office. Experience with meeting strict deadlines. Marketing professional with demonstrated exceptional business results in exceeding profit growth, sales, and service levels. Capable of paying close attention to detail while handling multiple tasks. Great networking skills. Strong leader who takes initiatives and solves problems.
M.A. Coaching and Athletic Administration Concordia University Irvine 2013- 2014 3.9 GPA B.A in Liberal Arts Hope International University 2007-2012
Played 4 years on the Men’s Basketball Team 2007-2011
Enterprise Rent -A-Car- Assistant Branch Manager 2017-Present
• Increase market share and growth through maintaining relationships with current accounts as well as finding prospective accounts in our market place.
• Teach and develop a team focused on the sales and profitability of the branch
• Analyze and forecast products to ensure proper fleet utilization.
• Consistent Top Performer in the Assistant Manager Matrix
Enterprise Rent-A-Car- Management Trainee/ Management Assistant 2017
• Trained in multiple areas of the business, including but not limited to: sales, marketing, cost control, fleet management, teamwork, customer service and networking
• 7 EE Elite Awards/ 4 MVP Awards for being top sales associate in the region.
• Taught, trained, and developed new employees how to exceed sales expectations while
continuing to exceed personal sales goals
• Achieved customer service scores of 90% and maintained above average scores
Sparkletts Water- Route Sales Representative 2016- 2017
• Marketed different businesses in the Orange County area to increase market share
• Used innovative ideas in a team atmosphere to increase revenue and customer base
• Delivered and introduced new products to customers while providing excellent customer
Hope International University- Assistant Basketball Coach 2012- 2017
• Head of recruiting and student athlete development.
• In charge of analyzing and scouting opponents and implementing game plans
• Developed yearly budget forecasts to ensure the program was properly funded
• Implemented camp and fundraising events tailored for the basketball program
PCA Management- Assistant Manager 2008- 2016
• Managed time and workers to achieve key goals for payroll and sales
• Scheduled and supervised 15 employees at Hyatt Regency Orange County Hotel.
• Directed and arranged transportation for hotel guests to various destinations